- authored “A Survey of Bakken Crude Oil Characteristics Assembled for the U.S. Department of Transportation” on behalf of the American Fuels & Petrochemicals Manufacturers;
- analysis of hazardous materials that in transportation pose a security risk leading to revision of DOT and TSA requirements on behalf of the American trucking Associations;
- development of comments on virtually all PHMSA rulemaking initiatives between 2005 and 2013 on behalf of the Dangerous Goods Advisory Council;
- providing compliance advice to US corporations; and
- technical director for the Rigid Intermediate Bulk Container Association (RIBCA).
US DOT Approvals and Special Permits
- lithium battery approvals;
- fireworks approvals;
- explosives approvals including approvals needed for military sales to foreign governments;
- special permits for ultracapacitors, fireworks packagings; portable tanks for toxic by inhalation hazard liquids, and IBCs for PG I Division 4.2 and 4.3 substances.
US Legal Support
- legal analyses; and
- expert witness on multiple court cases involving hazardous materials transportation.